FRANCES S. WATERS, LMSW, DCSW, LMFT
706 Chippewa Square, Suite 205A
Marquette, Michigan 49855
Fax: (906) 226-0595
- University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa, School of Social Work, Masters in Social Work. (1976 – 1980)
- Ohio University, Athens, Ohio, BA in Sociology. (1965 – 1969)
- NASW Diplomat in Clinical Social Work, (highest credential in clinical social work) (1993 – present).
- NASW Qualified Clinical Social Worker, 1993.
- Marriage and Family Therapist License (06/12/1992 – present).
- State of Michigan, Certified Social Worker (02/09/83-present).
- The Academy of Certified Social Workers, (advanced credential in clinical social work) – (1983 – present).
- Private Practice, Marquette, MI. (part time 1991, full time 1992 to present)
- Psychotherapist, trainer, educator, forensic evaluator specializing in child abuse.
- Assessment of children and families with variety of mental disorders, but with specialty focus on child abuse, trauma, dissociation, and domestic violence.
- Individual psychotherapy with preschool children, adolescents and adults with variety of diagnosis, with specialty focus on child abuse, trauma, dissociation, and domestic violence.
- Family therapy, including sexually abusive families.
- Evaluation of adolescent and adult sexual perpetrators.
- Treatment of adolescent and adult sexual perpetrators.
- Marital therapy.
- Group therapy with sexually abused adolescents in 1992-93.
- Forensic Evaluator Contracts for FBI in suspected child abuse cases (periodic contracts 2000 - present).
- Consultant and trainer for Pathways (Marquette, MI Mental Health Center), to assess and treat a dissociative client (2002-2003).
- Trainer for State of Iowa’s Protective Service Training Academy: conducted 4 workshops training Iowan protective service workers on effects of trauma on children and investigative interviewing techniques (1999-2000).
- Forensic Evaluator & expert witness for US Attorney’s Office, in suspected child abuse cases (periodic contracts (1998 - present).
- Forensic Evaluator and therapist for Native American Tribal Social Services Agencies to evaluate and treat child abuse cases (periodic contracts 1998 - present).
- Forensic Evaluator Contracts for Department. of Human Service Agency Child Protection Services Division in Upper Peninsula of Michigan: evaluate suspected child abuse cases (periodic contracts 1992 - present).
- Expert witness in child abuse & interpersonal violence cases for State of Michigan Prosecuting Attorney’s Offices, (periodic contracts 1985 - present).
- Child/Adolescent Therapist at Alger Marquette Community Mental Health Center, Marquette, MI, (1980-1992):
- Assessed and treated children and families for child abuse, trauma, and dissociation
- Provided individual psychotherapy for preschool children through adolescents; family therapy, including sexually abusive families; marital therapy with sex offenders and spouses; group therapy with sexually abused adolescents; and evaluation and treatment of adolescent sexual perpetrators
- Developed, implemented and co-chaired the sexual abuse treatment team, dealing with the entire spectrum of services in area of sexual abuse
- Consulted with criminal justice system
- Provided expert witness testimony in child abuse cases
- Child/Adolescent Family Therapist, Southwest Mental Health Center, Columbus, Ohio. (1974 – 1975).
- Assessed and treated children and families at outpatient clinic
- Provided individual psychotherapy for preschool children and adolescents; family and marital therapy; and adolescent group therapy at outpatient clinic 20 hours a week
- Provided individual psychotherapy with adolescents; family therapy; and adolescent group therapy at Columbus State Hospital, Adolescent Unit for 20 hours a week.
- Family Caseworker, Franklin County Children's Services, (county child protective service agency) Grove City, Ohio. (1969 – 1973).
- Investigated child abuse cases
- Provided home based services to high risk and abusive families
- Provided family therapy to high risk families
- Provided play therapy to abused children
- Provided crisis intervention for abused families
- Performed foster and adoptive home studies
- Consulted with other community social service agencies, particularly the courts and schools.
More information (PDF, 126 KB)